Monday, January 8, 2018

Resolute.

Zero.

Zero posts in 2017.  How can I defend that?

I can't really defend it, but I can try to explain it to myself and my readership (which is a nice word, because it can include just one reader if it needs too).  This last year, I have been a titch more emotionally involved in politics here in the U.S., and actually did a bit of decent writing at the start of the year - mostly on that blue social media website.  That's not what I want to create here, so I picked a platform and expressed dismay, anger, disappointment, and a bit of hope over there.  When I was done, I didn't have the energy to create here, so I put it off.

"When I have energy."  I promised.

Happy New Year!

I don't know what all that emotional investment accomplished over there last year.  I can't measure it.  I certainly can't see any evidence that I changed minds, made any sort of impact aside from making like-minded people nod their heads.  My actions last year didn't work, or help, that I can tell.  The dismay, anger, and disappointment are all still here, so I'm taking a different approach.

Let's talk about stories again.  Maybe even tell some.

I'm in a Star Wars RPG (not that system, sorry!) campaign run by an old friend, and played by a few new ones.  I'll be posting character character stories here.  My Nobilis campaign is moving along with some big changes for some of the characters. I'll be reading and listening to audiobooks as I did all last year, but I intend to gush about all there here, too.  I have a bit of Welcome to Night Vale to catch up on, and I feel like I should talk about that.

At the very least, I should manage a haiku when I don't have anything else ready.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment